Monday, November 7, 2011

"Major Concept"


This video totally reminded me of our English class. It just goes to show that technology is becoming a huge part of learning and it makes class time more efficient.


I feel like I have learned so much in this class in such a short period of time. Whether it be deciphering old English literature, memorizing "To be or not to be", or analyzing the growth of technology. One thing that really stood out to me was the quote "Doing it yourself is an opportunity not an obstacle", from our live chat with Roy Christopher. This class challenges me to reach my full potential. There is a lot more independent work that allows you to grow on your own, while still being held accountable. I feel like this quote can relate to many things but one major concept I have learned in this class are the pros and cons of technology. The whole "program or be programmed" thing got me thinking. We are responsible for our own knowledge when it comes to the growth in technology. No one is going to force us to stay updated, but we can't change the fact that technology is becoming more prevalent. People are so concerned that technology is ruining our society when really it is allowing us the opportunity to improve. I feel like people become scared of technology when they don't understand it. Our generation is the future of technology, which is why getting the chance to learn about it now is an opportunity.. not an obstacle.

5 comments:

  1. It is definitely how this class is run that is for sure. Be careful though because I have a feeling that the "programmed or be programmed" has become a popular saying amongst students to the point of it being cliche. I would recommend you bring stuff that we learned at the very beginning of class and make a point off of that seeing how few people will take the actual time to go past a week in their memory. I say this to help you out with the creativity for future assignments. As a whole, well done creating the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video is EXACTLY like our class. It talks about how the technology is a resourceful way to keep notes or discuss lectures after class is over. This video is also very entertaining. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This video is EXACTLY like our class. It talks about how the technology is a resourceful way to keep notes or discuss lectures after class is over. This video is also very entertaining. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha thanks kell.. I thought it was pretty funny too. Jon, I have also noticed that the whole "program or be programmed" thing has became somewhat of a cliche and I totally understand where your coming from. In all honesty I was considering picking something like Beowulf or the right to your own opinion thing, but I feel like those require more discussion and with technology I could just state what I learned clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactly like our class! I love it

    ReplyDelete