Thursday, February 16, 2012

Micro-AP part I (Essay)

Welcome!  Questions/comments?  Email: dpreston.learning@gmail.com   Course mapClose
Open
  • What was easy/expected?
  • What was difficult/unexpected?
  • What did you learn about the AP questions?
  • What did you learn about your own performance under pressure?
  • How will this experience influence your preparation for the actual exam?

I already knew that I was going to be writing about the two Dickens novels we have been working on. That was expected and easy in the sense that I didn't have to rack my brain and think of another random novel, I knew it was either going to be about A Tale Of Two Cities or Great Expectiations. 
It was difficult for me trying to think of a character and enough examples so fast. There have been so many characters that we went through these past few days that it was hard to choose from. Also I tried to write on Great Expectations because we went over it so much in class but once we got started I would realize that I didn't know enought to turn itinto a whoeld subject.
I learned that the AP questions are not going to be too bad if I am relaxed and feel prepared.
The time limit wasn't too bad for me. I just tryed to stay relaxed and basically told myself it didn't matter how far I got. I learned that a little pressure isn't bad and I can still perform under it.
I feel like this gave me a really good idea of what the actual exam will be like. This makes me a little more calm. I also realize now that you need to not only understand in depth, all the many characters in a story but also the historical background and the authors life. I'm realizing that so many things in real life tie in and relate to what is going on in the books as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment