Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Tale of Two Cities/Charles Dickens Notes

The very first line of the book read, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." I have heard that so much and I never knew where it came from. I can see now how Dickens was the most quoted author in British Literature, next to Shakespeare. I havent really read that much of it yet but if the book goes according to the notes, then Dicken's used conflict to indicate bigger problems or other issues in the world. Dickens was also a shoe polisher. Dickens started writing by simply diving in.. which I like the best because i feel likeyou still be exposed to everything... In just the first few pages of A Tale of Two Cities you can already tell that the tone is very serious. Dickens was not a comedic writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment