Monday, January 16, 2012

Big Question: Abstract

The subject of my research report is emotion. I chose this topic because I wanted a better understanding of why certain people react differently in situations. Why some people never shed a tear and other people I know absolutely love crying. Why some people refuse to cry even at funerals. Does it all have to do with how you were reaised or is it simply your own personality?  This study will provide reasons and a better understanding of different people's emotions. My hope is that this study will help me discover the root of emotion. is it psychological or genetic? I have created a mindmap of my big question which has helped me organize my thoughts. I have also found multiple online sources that I think will be helpful. My plan is to use the information from those online sources, plus info I find in hard cover books and use it to expand my mindmap. I also invited some people to check out my mindmap, so I am hoping that they have some good information or experiences that I can tie in to my report.

5 comments:

  1. This looks really interesting! Can you post a link to the mindmap?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mindmap I created wont let me in anymore. I think I have to pay money or something, but all the information I had on it I cant access.

      Delete
  2. This is a great start Nicole! This is a very broad subject so I am interested to see where you take it! Good luck!

    Kaley Jorgensen

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Mindmap sounds like a great way to keep a solid database on all of the information you collect throughout the study! I'm excited to see what really does control emotion and what conclusion you come to.

    Kelly Brickey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great abstract! This topic is very interesting. I think incorporating the mindmap was a good idea to stay organized. I'm looking forward to seeing your results!

    ReplyDelete